Glasser to Moderate Panel at Data Management Summit
Glasser will lead a group of industry experts in their discussion of “Reviewing the Regulatory Landscape: The data management response for 2018 and beyond.”
Points that the panel plans to cover include:
- Impact of current and incoming regulations on data management processes and principles: CECL (Current Expected Credit Losses), CCAR (Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review), MiFID II, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Brexit
- FRTB: How are firms handling the significant data management challenges around trade data aggregation to ensure they can provide frequent price observations to support non-modellable risk factor assessments and manage capital requirements
- AnaCredit: an additional reporting requirement for US banks with operations in Europe
- Spotlight on data privacy and personal data protection of customer data: Differentiating between European and US clients
- Is your approach to responding to regulatory initiatives changing? To what extent can RegTech help solve the regulatory burden?
“Given the increasing impact of data regulations on organizations, it is critical to understand those regulations and manage data in a way that both meets current requirements and provides the flexibility to respond to future regulations in a timely and efficient manner,” Glasser said.
Glasser is a recognized data management leader, with more than 30 years of experience designing and implementing innovative solutions and organizations in risk, data, and analytics. Before joining FRG she served as CDO for JPMorgan Chase Asset Management. She was Deputy Director of the Office of Financial Research for the US Treasury, supporting the Financial Stability Oversight Council and implementing solutions that include the global Legal Entity Identifier (LEI). She served as the CRO for Bunge and held other senior positions in Industry.
Information about the Data Management Summit is available here.